This course provides an overview of the key elements of a traditional MBA to help you improve your leadership skills. Topics discussed include emotional intelligence, good governance, principles of improvisation, and more.
NASBA Field of Study: Behavioral Ethics
CPE Credits: 6
Author(s): Peter Margaritis, Jennifer H. Elder
Availability: 1 year
This is a digital product. You will have access to the content for 1 year after purchase date.
This course has been developed by the Business Learning Institute. The Business Learning Institute, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
MBAexpress provides essential business savvy over the course of 6 1-hour online learning modules.
- Emotional Intelligence – V 2.0: Emotional intelligence in the workplace is about understanding how you affect others and how others affect you.
- Essence of Entrepreneurship – V 2.0: This course will discuss an alternative approach to building your business plan, along with a candid discussion of the “dark side” of being an entrepreneur.
- Good Governance – V 2.0: Discuss risk factors and liabilities related to governance and the importance of setting the “tone at the top” for ethical behavior.
- Latest in Leadership – V 2.0: This program will explore leadership through a different lens by evaluating your leadership style and how to capitalize on your own personal strengths.
- Smarter Decision Making – V 2.0: This course will help you understand and build decision-making.
- Teamwork and High-Performance Teams – V 2.0: This course will discuss the skills and principles that are used in building successful teams, including trust, respect, support, adaptation, listening.
This course will prepare you to:
- Define emotional intelligence
- Recognize now the difference between IQ and EQ
- Identify 5 attributes of emotional intelligence
- Identify 4 steps to increasing your emotional intelligence
- Identify the key to focus on when starting a business
- Identify the four components of a non-traditional business plan
- Recognize the importance of your team’s resume
- Recognize the personal challenges of being an entrepreneur
- Recognize the composition of “those charged with governance”
- Identify responsibilities of those charged with governance
- Recognize how to minimize liability related to governance
- Describe Duty of Care and Duty of Loyalty
- Identify the key attributes in being a good leader
- Describe how improvisation is a major characteristic of being a leader
- Illustrate the importance of listening to understand vs. listening to respond
- Identify factors that impact decisions
- Recognize decision-making styles
- Describe a decision-making process
- Define the term improvisation
- Identify the core principles of improvisational as it relates to teams
- Recognize ways to keep your team productive
Peter Margaritis, CPA, CGMA, CSP, is a keynote speaker, communication strategist, and improv virtuoso. Peter is the author of two books, Improv Is No Joke: Using Improvisation to Create Positive Results in Leadership and Life and Taking the Numb Out of Numbers: Explaining and Presenting Financial Information with Confidence and Clarity. Peter works with financial professionals to help adapt their mindset and believes that strong communication skills are the most effective way of delivering technical knowledge and building strong business relationships. The underlying premise in everything Peter does is the power of applied improvisation. He focuses his strategies using two powerful words, YES AND along with the concept of listening to understand. This strategy promotes a better connection with customers and clients leading to higher profits and higher retention of employees. Peter has delivered over 500 keynote speeches and workshops in 38 states in the U.S. and across Canada and the Caribbean. His clients range from Fortune 500 companies to family-owned businesses, national, regional & local public accounting firms, and national and state associations. Peter earned his Bachelor’s in Business Administration from the University of Kentucky, a Master’s Degree in Accountancy from Case Western Reserve University and he is a licensed, non-practicing, CPA in Ohio. He has worked for companies such as Price Waterhouse, Victoria Secret Catalogue (not as a model), two large banking institutions and has managed restaurants in his day. Don’t be surprised – he is Greek. He was also an assistant professor of accounting and taught in the MBA program at THE Ohio Dominican University in Columbus, OH. Peter is also a blogger, writer, humorist and a podcaster. His podcast, Change Your Mindset can be found on his website, along with iTunes, Stitcher and Google Play. You can visit his website (petermargaritis.com) to watch his videos and read his promotional resources which include a variety of magazine articles, along with his weekly blog. Peter lives in Westerville, OH with his wife, 17-year-old son, and two Labrador retrievers. His passion is his family and improvisation, along with a love of humor, and at times he performs both improv and stand-up comedy.
Jennifer H. Elder
CPA, CMA, CIA, CFF, CGMA, MS
Jennifer Elder, CPA, CMA, CIA, CFF, CGMA is a keynote speaker, trainer, and business coach dedicated to business transformation. For more than 20 years, she has been helping businesses by peeling back the layers of “administrivia” and finding the hidden strengths and core values that make you and your company awesome. Ms. Elder works with businesses to develop a compelling business strategy that is quick to implement that transforms your company from what you are now to what you have always wanted to be. Known for being energetic and enthusiastic, Ms. Elder has been delivering high-quality, customized training that make complicated topics easy to understand, relevant, and useful for years. She has conducted seminars for the Fortune 500, US Government, State CPA Societies, and CPA Firms in 33 states. Her sessions are highly interactive, full of discussion, and even entertaining. Ms. Elder received her BA from the University of Massachusetts and an MS in Organizational Management from Antioch University New England. She lives on her boat near Annapolis, Maryland.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.